Food explorers are all across the world, having an appetite to eat up and a camera to click the diet. The ever-increasing need for diverse cooking experience and baking adventures has open new avenues for cooking experts and foodie people to share their knowledge and exposure. Owing to this, foodstuff bloggers are getting higher popularity in the online world. It has created a severe competition for ranking their website in the prominent search engines. So, an effective strategy based on smart SEO tips is essential for food blogging websites to stand out among the rest.
No matter if you are new to blogging or have years of experience in running active blogs on a distinct niche, you may face difficulty in ranking cooking websites. Don’t worry! After reading this article, you will be able to boost organic traffic to nail your SEO strategy for a food blog.
Why is SEO Important for Food Blogs?
Before starting the tips and hacks, it is imperative to understand why your food blog needs search engine optimization? If you think that you are a food blogging pro and the world should know about your foodie skills through reviews, eatery suggestions, and mouth-watering snapshots – SEO is dispensable for your website!
After all, you don’t want to land in the larch of disappointment that no one even knows about information-rich content on your food blog. It’s the right time to grow up visibility in search engines to share the wealth of inspiring knowledge with the world.
Keeping the significance of search engine optimization in mind, various blogger prefers acquiring SEO services company in Dubai for proven results. It is because; experts know how to avoid black hat techniques by complying with Google policies and user’s intent.
Let’s dive in to know some easy-peasy ways to maximize your blog traffic for higher conversions!
Top 3 SEO Tips for Food Bloggers (Plus 1 Bonus)
Are you pouring your sincere efforts into your blog content to grasp the targeted audience, but all is in vain? You may be ignoring the bitter reality – Although content is the king, it is impression-less without a strategic promotional plan. It’s because you need to persuade the search algorithms of Google to please your targeted people.
Here are given essential tips and hacks that you can use to improve your SEO strategies to improve traffic and get more leads!
1). Stick to the Basics of Search Engines
You cannot go into the nitty-gritty without having a fundamental understanding of the search engine optimization process and its advantages. You should also learn about On-Page and Off-Page SEO to have a clear mind about content strategy and marketing. Consider the following:
- Feel free to play with semantic results to target the readers optimally in addition to compliance with search engines’ requirements.
- Consider a search engine result page (SERP) to quantify your targeted audience for quality content production.
- Focus on on-page SEO to improve the readability of your food blog articles using appropriate keyword planning, compactness of URLs, and frequent use of internal links.
- Consider writing appropriate Meta titles and descriptions for every page on your food blog.
- Perform an SEO audit to check out the responsiveness and browsing speed of the website.
- Pay attention to build backlinks for your blogs to improve other websites’ interactivity with your blog.
2). Create Content Smartly to Engage Users
Listen to it and never forget that the authenticity of your website clearly depends on word count with every bit containing informative and engaging content. According to a study, the reliable word length of a blog post that can be ranked easily on the first page of Google should comprise around 1000-1900 words on average.
You must be wondering, how is it possible to write long blog posts for food blogging sites? The answer is simple! Let’s understand it with an example; while writing about chocolate cake offered by a famous bakery, you can start from the history and trends of chocolate along with fun facts to make your content highly engaging for the readers.
Further, consider doing the given:
- Write at least 1000 words article for your featured post on the food blog twice a week.
- Try to keep the length of your review article long enough to meet the credibility criterion of search engines.
- Include research studies and facts about something you are going to write for improved authenticity.
- Use lists and bullet points to keep your content comprehensive yet concise for alluring the visitors.
- Expand your knowledge to come up with influential stories related to food for creating compelling posts.
- Ensure context-oriented content based on a brief about your recipes and other foodstuffs.
There is no denying that the success of food blogs primarily depends on social media popularity. It’s a hard nut to crack without having comprehensive goals of marketing in mind. So, it would be best if you considered strengthening your website with content that can compel the readers to share instantly.
Obviously, you cannot ask the users to share your content on social media platforms on gunpoint; instead, you have to use the elements of emotional setting to promote the food blogging website.
Consider the following:
- Consider picking trendy recipes and eateries to write your posts for attracting more visitors to share something new.
- Focus more on publishing food items and eateries with cultural significance to build a bond between your content and users for reminding them of tasty delights.
- Batch for the older recipes and re-publish the content articles after amendments with the latest trends.
- Be specific to your niche with a clear picture of the targeted audience – for example, fast food for the youngies while traditional for the new to eatery people as part of common observation.
- Consider integrating fusion of food with catchy titles and trending Call to Action phrases to increase the probability of click-through rate (CTR).
- Make links for social sharing at every image, graphics, and videos to help the users publish the information on their social media accounts instantly.
4. Bonus tip – Incorporate SEO Guidelines in your Food Blogs!
To allure more and more organic traffic, the food bloggers have to comply with the nitty-gritty of search engine optimization. This can be done by understanding Google policies for website ranking and essential white-hat SEO techniques. So, if you are looking for easy ways to incorporate the basic elements of SEO tips for a food blog, consider the following:
- Focus on writing highly-probable to click titles for your blog posts along with self-explanatory Meta description.
- Don’t forget to perform A/B testing every time you write meta titles and descriptions for food posts to enhance readability.
- Incorporate words such as “authentic tips,” “expert advice,” and local food to enhance searches for your blog to reach more people.
- Think of making your post permalinks concise yet compact to help search engines process it easily. It is suggested that the post slug should contain the keyword and should be up to five words long.
- While updating the old posts, it is better to keep the URLs as it is. Because changing the URL can create a mess for you as well as for the search engines.
- Consider making your website fastest in browser loading as it should not take more than 1-3 seconds. For this purpose, GTmetrix can be used to ensure website loading speed.
- Consider shrinking the size and resolution of the videos and images through condensing before uploading it to the website.
- It is better to use voice-search, friendly keywords. For example, you can use “continental restaurants near me” and similar phrases.
- Select your keyword smartly to ensure the use of similar phrases and long-tail keyword to ensure localization of SEO strategy.
- Consider linking high authority sites within your blog to ensure the reliability of your blog posts written for foodies.
- Don’t forget to use limited plugins because it considerably impacts the performance of your website design.
Is SEO a Good Feast for your Food Blog?
In the world of online reality, search engine optimization is crucial for every website. Because people can only make their websites visible for higher reach through complying with Google rules and regulations along with the user intent.
However, SEO is more than tips and tricks. It requires bloggers to avoid black hat techniques used for ranking websites. It’s a red flag for many who are not aware of SEO techniques to the depth of conception and practice.
So, if you are aspiring for ranking your blog on Google’s first page, it is suggested to follow the given SEO tips for your food blog. Are you confused about how to incorporate complicated elements of optimization into your blog? Hire an experienced SEO services company such as Spiral Click to get exceptional results. After all, organic searches are the most effective ways to get your website ranked in the top positions of Google.
Don’t forget to aid your search engine strategy with authentic reinforcement for optimized results!